Blogs I love to read:

Sunday, December 22, 2013

How to (not) roast garlic in a toaster oven

Dear Diary.

Today I was making some pasta fagioli and I decided to roast the garlic.  I remember before squeezing the garlic out of the peel as it became luscious and soft.  The part I forgot is that when my sister showed me this, she cut the top off the cloves...

I went outside for a few minutes with the cloves toasting for five minutes.  At five minutes, I returned and the kitchen smelled wonderful!  

Then I heard a pop.  My long-suffering wife commented, "What was that?  I've heard a few pops already!?"  

No, there was no drive-by shooting.  Nothing that easy.

The garlic cloves exploded in the toaster oven.  Burnt garlic coating the oven.  And my hungry wife glaring at me.

So, please feel free to roast garlic in a toaster oven with a piece of tin foil underneath, and SCORE the cloves, or wrap them fully in the tin foil.  It could save your life.

Honey, I love you and I am so sorry that your bagel smells like garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment